In partnership with Antmicro, Capable Robot is pleased to offer their Jetson Nano / Xavier NX Baseboard for purchase.
Antmicro offers hardware customization and software services around this platform, and Capable Robot can manufacture such custom variants.
- Jetson Nano / Xavier NX / TX2 NX SO-DIMM connector
- Gigabit Ethernet on an RJ45 connector
- Micro USB debug connector
- USB-C DFP (Host) port
- Mini HDMI video output interface
- Mini DisplayPort video output interface
- 2x 50-pin FFC connectors exposing up to 4 MIPI CSI-2 camera interfaces
- M.2 (key M) connector exposing PCIe x4 interface
- 10-pin FFC connector exposing PCIe x1 interface (when used with NX and TX2 NX)
- RTC battery backup
- EEPROM for storing board ID/SN
- 9 to 36 VDC power input on DC barrel jack with 2.1 mm center pin
Volume pricing discounts are available, please contact Capable Robot for details.
The Jetson Nano / Xavier NX Baseboard supports the following NVIDIA Modules.
|CPU||Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A57|| Dual-Core NVIDIA Denver 2 |
Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A57
|6-core NVIDIA Carmel ARM v8.2|
|GPU||128-core NVIDIA Maxwell GPU||256-core NVIDIA Pascal GPU|| 384-core NVIDIA Volta GPU |
48 Tensor Cores
|RAM||4 GB (25.6GB/s)||4 GB (51.2GB/s)||8 GB (51.2GB/s)|
|Power Modes||5W / 10W||7.5W / 15W||10W / 15W|
|Storage||16 GB eMMC|
|Cameras|| J7 FFC: 2x 4-lane MIPI CSI2 |
J6 FFC: 1x 4-lane MIPI CSI2
| J7 FFC: 2x 4-lane MIPI CSI2 |
J6 FFC: 1x 4-lane MIPI CSI2
| J7 FFC: 2x 4-lane MIPI CSI2 |
J6 FFC: 1x 4-lane & 1x 2-lane MIPI CSI2
|PCIe|| m.2 slot: x4 PCIe Gen2 |
J10 FFC: No PCIe support
| m.2 slot: x2 PCIe Gen2 |
J10 FFC: 1x1 PCIe Gen2
| m.2 slot: x4 PCIe Gen4 |
J10 FFC: 1x1 PCIe Gen3
|Networking||10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet on RJ45|
|Display||Mini HDMI and Mini DisplayPort Connectors|
|Display : DSI||J6 FFC: 2-lane DSI (1.5Gbps/lane)||J6 FFC: 2-lane DSI (1.5Gbps/lane)||J6 FFC: No DSI support|
|USB|| USB 3.0 Superspeed via USB-C DFP (Host) Port |
USB-OTG via Micro-USB Port for OS Image upload to Module
|Debug UART||Exposed on Micro-USB via FTDI FT232RQ IC|
Thermal Solutions for NVIDIA Xavier NX and NX TX2 Module
These kits provide a "die referenced" thermal solutions for the NVIDIA NX and TX2 modules. They can be used and installed with the Antmicro Baseboard, or any other Baseboard for the NX and TX2.
For "PCB Referenced" thermal solutions for the Antmicro Baseboard or other Baseboards, please constact Capable Robot Components.
Each kit include:
- A thermal transfer plate (TTP).
- Thermal interface material to be installed between the TTP and the CPU die.
- All required mounting hardware, including screws and springs.
The NX Thermal Transfer Plate allows for thermal interface between production NVIDIA Xavier NX modules and stock or customized heatsinks.
- NX Thermal Transfer Plate - Dimensions (PDF)
- NX Thermal Transfer Plate - 3D Model (STEP)
- QATS Heatsink - 3D Model (STEP)
The NX Thermal Transfer Plate can be mounted to a custom chassis, custom heat-sink, or QATS ATS-FPS058037 series heat sinks (available in 6, 11, 18, and 23 mm heights).
The NX Thermal Kit includes:
- NX Thermal Transfer Plate (TTP).
- 28mm x 28mm T725 Thermal Interface Material (TIM) pad to be installed between the TTP and the CPU die.
- Leaf Spring (155-0892-000) and four Shoulder Screws (155-0876-000)
The leaf spring helps ensure proper thermal interface material compression between the Plate and your NX SOM.
The difficult-to-source Leaf Spring and Shoulder Screws are also available for purchase without the Thermal Transfer Plate, allowing for your own custom interface plates to be mounted to NX SOMs.
Capable Robot Components can also design and produce custom transfer plates and heat-sinks for your application.
The TX2 Thermal Transfer Plate allows for thermal interface between production NVIDIA TX2 modules and stock or customized heatsinks.
The TX2 Thermal Transfer Plate can be mounted to a custom chassis, custom heat-sink, or QATS ATS-FPS058037 series heat sinks.
The TX2 Thermal Kit includes:
- TX2 Thermal Transfer Plate (TTP).
- 14mm x 14mm T725 Thermal Interface Material (TIM) pad to be installed between the TTP and the CPU die.
- 4x M2.5 wafer-head screws with pre-applied Nylok patches, 4x wave springs, and 4x M2.5 washers.
The wave spring should be assembled between the head of the wafer-head screw and the flat washer, prior to installing the screw from the bottom side of the Module into the TTP. The spring provides controllable compression of the TIM between the TTP and the CPU die. Without a compressive spring, it is easy to exceed the NVIDIA recommended die pressure.
For Jetson TX2 NX, the maximum pressure that can be applied to the Tegra X2 SoC Die is 60 psi and the recommended pressure is 35 psi. This means each of the four springs should apply between 2 and 3.5 lbs of force. This only requires slight compression of the wave spring – it should not be fully compressed.
The NX PCIe m.2 E Key PCB provides a standard interface to the NVIDIA NX's PCIe x1 bus, which is exposed on the NX Baseboard via a 10-pin FFC connector. Board specifications:
- m.2 E-Key (PCIe + USB), 2230 size. This is commonly used for WIFI modules like the Intel 8265.
- PCIe x1 interface and 3.3v power are connected to the Host via a 10-pin 0.5mm flex cable.
- USB interface exposed via micro-USB port, allowing USB-specific functionality of the installed card (like Bluetooth) to be used if cabled to the Host. With USB connected, a local 5v to 3.3v regulator can be used in lieu of the 3.3v input on the FFC connector.
The PCIe m.2 PCB can only be used with NVIDIA NX and TX2 NX. The NVIDIA Nano does not expose the PCIe x1 interface this card requires.
Hole spacing on the PCB and location of the flex connector matches that of the NX Baseboard, allowing it to be assembled onto the bottom of the Baseboard. The PCB is open-source and permissively licensed.
Any WIFI module that supports m.2 E Key 2230 size can be used with the PCB. We recommend (and stock) the Intel 8265 due to built-in support within NVIDIA Jetpack BSPs.
The NX Antenna Kit includes:
- Antenna Mount, with mounting holes matching the NX Baseboard standoff spacing.
- 4x Hex Standoff (M2.5 x 5mm)
- 2x RP-SMA to MHF4 coax cables, 100mm long : Linx Technologies CSJ-RGFB-100-MHF4
- 2x WIFI Antennas : Linx Technologies ANT-2.4-LCW-RPS
This adapter card exposes the Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe) signals available on the M.2 (key M) connector in a regular PCIe x4 edge card socket.
It allows the use of regular PCIe expansion cards and accessories with the NVIDIA Jetson Nano, NVIDIA Jetson TX2 NX, and NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX system on modules on the Antmicro Baseboard.
- M.2 (key-M) edge connector
- PCIe x4 EdgeMount connector (Samtec PCIE-064-02-F-D-EMS2)
- External power supply connector (Molex 22053041)
- Baseboard power supply pogo pins (Harwin P70-1010045R)
These cables allow the Baseboard to interface to Allied Vision Alvium 1500C and 1800C Cameras via MIPI CSI-2.
The FFC connector on the Baseboard's short side has two 4-lane CSI-2 interfaces and has top-contacts. It fully supports either a single camera, or two cameras via the dual-flex cable.
The FFC connector on the Baseboard's long side has one 4-lane CSI-2 interface and has bottom-contacts. The dual camera cable does not work in this location.
Cables are sold in packs and come with one "same-side" and one "opposite-side" cable. This allows connected cameras to either face up or down, depending on which Baseboard connector they are installed into.
These cables allow the Baseboard to interface to cameras which implement the 15-pin, 1mm-pitch Raspberry PI pinout.
For custom cable lengths or custom dual-flex cables, please contact us.
The 15-pin camera cable has footprints which allow a level shifter to connect the VSYNC / trigger pin of the NX Baseboard to either GPIO of the connected camera. By default, these level shifters are NOT installed as most Raspberry PI cameras do not support external triggering. If you would like this level shifter installed, please contact us.