Information You Provide to Us
When a user engages in certain actions on the site, they may provide us with certain kinds of information. This includes activities including but not limited to:
- Creating, accessing, and updating account information
- Placing orders
- Subscribing to newsletters
- Providing feedback
- Creating or updating subscriptions
- Signing up for notifications
The information provided may include details such as usernames, passwords, email addresses, mailing addresses, phone numbers, order details, payment information necessary to facilitate transactions on the site, and any content they may choose to post or otherwise make available.
We may also combine information users provide with data we collect automatically (as further described below).
Information We Collect Automatically
We maintain a log file of all actions that are initiated or facilitated using our website, to capture, record and store data concerning the transaction. This log includes information such as IP address and general information about your browser or device.
Third Party Sites and Services
Our site employs a variety of third-party services. These include payment gateways, shipping providers, content-distribution networks, advertisers, analytics, and monitoring tools. Some of these services store information about users, and may track individuals across sites, applications, and services. These services may collect information in a similar manner as described above, including, for example, IP address, access times, browser type, language, device type, and device identifiers.
By interacting with the site, certain information about user devices may be exposed to third parties using cookies and other tracking mechanism, these third parties include the entities in the charts below.
Do Not Track (DNT) is a technology which allows users to tell sites they visit that they don’t want to be tracked. It does this by including a special header with each request the browser sends. Where possible without breaking the functionality of our site, we try to honor Do Not Track headers by attempting to serve only third-party services which themselves promise to honor Do Not Track. However, because not all our necessary third-party service providers honor Do Not Track and because implementations may change from time to time, we cannot guarantee that we will always be successful in all cases.
How We Use Collected Information
We use the information we collect to:
- To improve our site and products through user provided feedback and through analysis of how users use services and resources provided on the site.
- To improve customer service.
- To personalize content and experiences.
- To process payments and fulfill orders. We do not share order information with outside parties except to the extent appropriate to fulfill the order.
- To prevent fraud and abuse.
- To send periodic emails. We may use provided email addresses to send users information pertaining to their orders and accounts. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and other requests. If our users so choose, we may send them emails about products, events, promotions, and offers.
How Collected Information is Shared
With the exception of the behavioral and analytics data described above and except as set forth below, we do not sell, trade, or rent users’ personally identifiable information to others. However, we may share aggregate demographic information, that does not identify any individual user, with our business partners or service providers.
We may share user information in the following ways:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal requirements; to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or abuse, violations of our policies; or to protect our rights and property.
- For the purposes of a merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding involving the sale or transfer of all or substantially all of our business or assets.
- With explicit user consent.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate practices and security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information.
Data exchange between the site and its users happens over a HTTPS secured connection and is encrypted and authorized by digital signatures.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Information for European Union Customers
By using our site and providing your information, you authorize us to collect, use, and store your information outside of the European Union.
International Transfers of Information
Information may be processed, stored, and used outside of the country in which you are located. Data privacy laws vary across jurisdictions, and different laws may be applicable to your data depending on where it is processed, stored, or used.
Changes to this policy
- 2018-02-21 : Initial publication.
- 2018-05-17 : Change in email marketing provider from Send In Blue to SendGrid.
This document was last updated on 2018-05-17.